Friday, March 02, 2007

Venison Stew
By Mike Faulk

Wednesday evening I moved a packet of venison stew meat from the freezer to the refrigerator. Last night I washed the thawed meat and put it in a bowl to marinate overnight. The marinade was teriyaki sauce, a tablespoon of olive oil, minced onions, a teaspoon of dry mustard, salt, black pepper, a half cup of table wine, and enough soy sauce to cover the meat.

This morning I drained the stew meat, lightly floured it, and then browned it in a frying pan.

From there it went to the crock pot with 3 cups of water and a packet of beef stew mix. I quartered 4 small red potatoes leaving on the skin. To the mix I added 2 small quartered onions, a half dozen small carrots, and 2 stalks of celery. The stew cooked on low all day.

This evening I added four mushrooms each halved, 3 rotelle tomatoes each halved, and chopped a handful of parsley.

Thirty minutes later I had a fine winter's meal, filling, warming, and most satisfying.

The bounty we're allowed to enjoy from his marvelous creation is unending!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Academics Blogs - Blog Top Sites